Saturday, June 6, 2009

Check It Out: AfroPop

While sitting down for dinner, I just happened to be watching PBS and this series called AfroPop was on. This show is AMAZING (well, at least I think) because it disrupts the preconceived notions people have about Africa through films sharing local perspectives. Idris Elba is the host, and I must say he is hot like fire. Aside from him being the hotness, this show is a must see. Today, the series featured an African American filmaker, Regi Allen, who made a journey to Ghana, Senegal, and Cote d' Ivoire in "10 Days in Africa." He explored black identity, culture, and his self in this film. I'll be sure to check out this series. You can check out the website at:
http://www.blackpublicmedia.org/catalog/channel/afropop

1 comment:

Jelani Callender said...

haa, Shinga has a crush on a host. I think i'll watch something else.