Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Reads

I finally have a chance to read for leisure. Here is a list of books that I am reading for the summer. I expect that they will all be great reads.

I Wonder as I Wander. Langston Hughes
Native Son. Richard Wright
Invisible Man. Ralph Ellison
The Bluest Eye. Toni Morrison
If I Can Cook, You Know God Can. Ntozake Shange
The Secret Life of Bees. Sue Monk Kidd
Betsey Brown. Ntozake Shange
Chasing Faith. Stephanie Perry Moore
Sassafras, Cypress, & Indigo. Ntozake Shange
The Intuitionist. Colson Whitehead

1 comment:

Nersh™ said...

I know that you are going to have a lot of fun with those!

Invisible Man is my favorite novel, and The Secret Life of Bees is very good, as well. I'm going to have to check out this Shange piece, because I loved For Colored Girls!