Saturday, September 5, 2009

No Mas Comprando

I spent just a few dollars today at Old Navy on a graphic tee for $5.00 and a nice sweater for $8.99 which came out to a total of $15.14, but I really need to stop buying clothing articles b/c I'm not working at the moment (but hopefully, I will be working in the next week or so). Even though, I have money in the bank, I need to save up moolah for more important things. I'm making a promise to myself to not spend any more money on clothes for let's see the next 2 months (even though something in Forever 21 may catch my fancy. I have enough clothes in my closet as it is and being the fashionista I am, I can spicen things up in my wardrobe...with the essentials and all that jazz. I just happened to be looking on Glamour magazine's website and they give tips on how to shop smarter....Check out the link at http://www.glamour.com/fashion/2009/09/7-ways-to-be-a-smarter-chicer-shopper#slide=1. I'll list the tips here though for ya:
1. Buy a dress you can wear a million ways
2. Spend within your means
3. Rewear and reuse your stuff with pride
4. Know what you own (down to your socks)
5. Get the trends - for less
6. Never have buyer's remorse again!
7. Before you buy, ask yourself am i really itching to wear this, will I wear it next month, next season, next year?

No comments: