Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Amazing Grace



I love Amazing Grace. These books are phenomenal. If you have never read them, then you should read them. Peeps have also told me that the character, Grace, resembles me. I love her character because she never gives up on her dreams. She wanted to play the part of Peter Pan in a school play and she did. Other students tried to tell her she couldn't play that part because she was black. She didn't let that stop her. She wasn't afraid to be herself. She has taught me a lesson in not being afraid of myself in all that I can do.



In Boundless Grace, she visited her father in Africa since her parents were divorced. She had to get accustomed to her new siblings and step mother. When she first arrived, she was not comfortable with them but she took the limits of her heart, mind, body, and soul to love them. ( A lesson certainly comes out of every book). She removed the boundaries that brought her down. Now, this situation can be directed towards anyone. In my case, I go to college at UVA. I had no intentions of going there in high school. What UVA? Where's that? I know I'm smart, but this school...oh its actually a great school! But once I started attending UVA, I knew it was for me even though I was far away from home, all alone in a world, surrounded by faces I had never come in contact with before. And there were times I doubted, feared, and worried about how can I do this here, so that's where being uncomfortable comes in. But I started becoming and now I'm being what I need to be in order to succeed. So that once I leave that place I can breathe and enjoy life for what it is. I'm taking off the boundaries, welcoming the opportunities, and enjoying the journey for what it was, what it is, and what it will be.

No comments: