Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Super Sweet 20 Birthday

Have you seen those outrageous birthday parties held by teeny boppers for their Super Sweet 16 on MTV? It is craziness. How much money can you possibly throw away on a birthday party? I could only imagine having a birthday party like that. Of course I had the usual birthday party with family and a few friends, with cake, ice cream, my favorite dinner meal, and presents. Oh the memories. If I had a Super Sweet 20 Birthday Party, it would have to be a Dream Girls Theme (I love that movie!) or something along those lines..all that glitter and pizaaz. The dress code for my party would definitely be classy...no jeans, no white tees, no sneakers. I would rent out a nice club for the evening and no alcoholic beverages would be served and no smoking allowed. It would be decorated with disco balls to have that Motown feel but also have that feel of this day and age infused with soul and jazz.

The DJ has to be poppin' in such a way that they play music without vulgar language and would not provoke couples to have "sex" on the dance floor (eww...the way some people dance is just disgusting). It would be amazing to have guest performances by Jennifer Hudson, Chrisette Michele, John Legend and hmmm...whoever else I might like if I had my way. People invited to my party would have to be peeps I know and know how to behave themselves in a public setting. My cake would definitely be lilac and have coconut pineapple filling, I am an island girl after all. Appetizers, fruits, and vegetables would be served. And of course my favorite beverage, pink lemonade with a hint of lime will be served and sparkling apple cider too. Boo woo. Well, what do you think? Is a Super Sweet Birthday really worth it? I guess it would be fun for one night only! Gotta live in the moment sometimes. What better way to celebrate your birthday? Shopping does me just fine if you ask me. But the party is pretty much the icing on the cake. BUT it is truly a blessing to be able to see another year, another day in tu vida a viva!

2 comments:

Wenni Donna said...

Pretty helpful information on the super sweet 20 party. Recently, took help of internet and booked one of the awesome corporate event venues San Francisco. Arranged my company’s product launching event and it was a good one.

وليد العروي said...

شركات عزل الاسطح بجدة
شركة عزل خزانات بجدة