Wednesday, July 4, 2007

If I Have My Way

I love this new awe-apsiring artist Chrisette Michele. Her music is so smooth and crisp. You should definitely check it out. I love her song, "If I Have My Way." It talks about having a relationship with that special someone, your boo, pookie, honey bun, whatever. And she is telling him to wait: "There's no one I'd rather share my good lovin' with. But I promised I'd wait'til I'm ready for this." Yes, wait for love. Because true love waits! Must I explain myself any further. Yes, I'm glad you asked.

So let me give you a scenario: Say your feeling this brother, his name is Taye right, okay, and he's feeling you and ya'll have been going out for a year now. And he whispers sweet nuthin's into your ear, I mean he always does, but he gives you special treatment on the occassion of the 1 year anniversary and says, "Baby, I love you and I want to get to know you better." And you say, "I love you to, and ask, "Well dear, how do you want to get to know me better?" And then dear Taye says, "I want to make love to you ." Haha, what a sucka! And would you say, "Sure." or "How dare you? I'm sorry, but you have to wait and if you can't respect that, you have got to go." Personally, option 2 is the best choice ladies. Don't ever let a brother get you twisted. As Nicole C. Mullen says in one of her songs, "If you wanna step to me, you gotta know one thing, the love I have you cannot get without a wedding ring!"

Your love is precious and it is not to be wasted because once you throw it away, you can never get it back. Waiting is much more fun...you don't suffer the consequences of pregnancy. STDs. etc. Believe me you, everyone is not doing it and the best thing you can do for yourself is live independently and don't go looking for a man, let him find you and make sure he treats you like queen and loves you like Jesus Christ loved the church. Okay, I'm rambling on. You get the point. You're not making love unless you're married...point blank...God is not in the midst of premarital sex relationships. Save it for the honeymoon.

No comments: