Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Great Devotional: Soul Man

Check out this devotional blog called Soul Man by Pastor Marvin Williams. I enjoy reading it! Today I read about:
Finding a Soul Mate is Overrated

Posted using ShareThis

My thoughts on "Finding A Soul Mate is Overrated":

At times, I do believe that God has this one specific guy out there for me, but then again, no because I have all these expectations of who this guy is supposed to be. Guys today are just plain weird and confusing, but I don't want to get on that note.

And I do not to be worrying about finding a soulmate in the first place. He is supposed to be looking for me, chasing for me, not the other way around. I have better things to do with my time. Plus, as an unmarried woman I am concerned with the Lord's affairs (1 Corinthians 7:34). Whenever the time comes, it will come, no need to worry.

And a relationship requires LOVE. Now what is love? Check out 1 Corinthians 13. Love always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres (v.7). So...love is just not this form of affection...oh I love you sooo much and we can live in a fairy tale happily ever after...definitely no. As Pastor Williams said in his blog, it is an action verb. It requires doing...growing with your boo, understanding their needs, sacrificing your wants, getting through ups and downs, so forth and so on. And through that, your boo can become your soulmate? Never thought of it that way, I suppose so, I wouldn't know. Any thoughts?

No comments: