Saturday, July 18, 2009

Oohh I Like This

I saw this list on another blog (Thoughts of an ADHD Drama Queen) and thought it would be a rather exciting post. So here goes...

What's your current obsession? Floral dresses and skirts...I absolutely adore them right now, if I could get every one I wanted I would be a happy chica.

What's your must have fashion need? Right now, would have to be summery skirts, solid, patterns, flowing, whatever, as long as I can breathe.

What are you wearing right now? I'm wearing a red skirt and a black tank top with gold hoop earrings and a heart necklace.

What's your favorite food? That's hard to answer...I have lots of favorite foods...red beans & rice. curry w/ roti. jambalaya. crawfish fettuccine. crawfish etoufee. gumbo. fried catfish.

What do you do for fun? dance like nobody's watching. hang out w/ my chicas. read a good book. watch a movie. bake from scratch. roller skate. shop/window shop. scrapbook. sing my jams.

What made today special? My little sister Neema turned 11 today and we had a blast at the skating rink, and then I was finally able to eat Popeye's Chicken! (I haven't had it in like a year!)

What would you like to learn to do? I would really like to learn to quilt. I started making this quilt in VBS (Vacation Bible School) in 7th grade, and I NEVER did finish it. With time willing, I would like to finish it and learn to do all kinds of intricate designs and keep the tradition going in my family by learning from my great aunt Norma.

What's the last thing you bought? The last thing I bought was a red skirt from Forever 21 and some sweat pants from aerie (on sale of course).

What are you listening/watching right now? B'Day Deluxe Edition...Deja Vu

What's your favorite weather? bright sunny weather, not humid, with a cool breeze running through my hair, no need for a sweater

What's your one goal in life? Hmm....to grow daily to better myself so I can be a blessing to others (improve the health and well being of peeps)

If you could have a house totally paid for, what would it look like? Hmm, I guess it would be a nice mansion, with a balcony, porch, a big kitchen...lovely purple violets in the front of course.

What would you like to have in your hands right now? The keys to car of my own...toyota corolla, prius, camry, sumthin nice : )

If you could swap lives with anyone in the world for one day who would it be and why? I would swap lives with Michelle Obama b/c she is a classy woman, like myself, who has a lovely family and gets the job done...I just want to know, how she does it all and keeps pressing on.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour where would you go? For the next hour, how about the next year, LOL. I would love to be in Cape Coast, Ghana right now enjoying the beach and interacting with people and working in a community based clinic.

What language would you like to learn? Well, I know Spanish (reading and writing are my strengths), but I definitely need to work on speaking it fluently b/c it will be crucial for my future. A language to learn..French/Creole Patois b/c it would be fun to learn and be beneficial if I ever traveled to a French speaking country in the African Diaspora (Haiti, Mali, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Senegal,so forth and so on). I've been to St. Lucia (familia there), but they don't really speak French even though they were ruled by the French at some point. I would also like to learn Tri and Fante...languages in Ghana. And also Swahili, Portuguese, and the dialect of Chishinga, part of language in Zambia. How cool is that?

What do you look for in a friend? A trustworthy & classy person

Who do you want to meet in person? Barack and Michelle (saw her speak at my school but I wouldn't say I actually met her) Obama. Oprah Winfrey. Nikki Giovanni (one of my favorite poets). Idris Elba (hehe). Mario (my future husband). Black women physicians.

What's your favorite type of music? I love lots of music, that list would be kinda long to name all my favorite artists. Genres include R&B, Neo-Soul, Gospel, Some Hip Hop/Rap. Jazz. Pop.

What's your dream job? To be a pediatrician (community health, preventative, and holistic oriented focus) and entrepreneur (baker/cake decorator/party planner) and researcher + historian (researching my family history and the lives and works of black folks).

Describe your personal style? I would say I'm sophisticated and chic with my style. I've been called diva several times b/c I always make sure to look good when I step out the house. Nothing can be out of place. I dress to impress myself, nobody else.

What's your favorite t.v. show? I wouldn't say I have an absolute favorite. I enjoying watching the Game, the Office, Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, and House just to name a few.

What's your favorite dessert? Ohh, that's hard...peach cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream or my Grandmother's pound cake...an absolute delicacy

What's your favorite makeup brand? Don't have one really...I don't really wear make up except lip gloss and eye shadow w/ lip color on occasions

What's your all time favorite perfume? Don't have one, I love Victoria Secret's Body Sprays...Love Spell, Pure Seduction

What's something that you don't currently like about yourself? The bottom of my feet...summer weather and my feet just don't go together

What's you fondest childhood memory? Eating fried catfish and french fries when I visited my grandparents in Louisiana and riding in the red pickup truck.

What would you do w/a major lottery winning? Buy myself a car, a new computer, my own place, pay off my loans, and start my bakery

If you had to pick a song for your funeral/memorial service, what would you choose? I have no idea, not something I think about.

If you had the power to grant one person a wish ANY wish, who would it be and why? I would grant the little girl who gave me a hug that day on the Cape Coast in Ghana her wish b/c she embraced me, if that isn't representative of God's Love, I don't know what is. : )

No comments: