Friday, July 10, 2009

Obama in Ghana

I happened to come across an article on BBC News, my number one source on current affairs, describing President Barack Obama's visit to Ghana. I'm excited that Obama and his lovely family are visiting Ghana (if only I was there). They are going to visit the Cape Coast and see the slave castle, which is a very touching experience. I remember being in Ghana earlier this year. It was an exciting time because their presidential election was occurring. Ghanaians love Obama and equated him with their elected President Atta Mills. Ghana is a great example of a democratic country in Africa that encounters no violence after an election. The family will have memories for a lifetime. You can check out the article at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8145121.stm

No comments: