Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Been Thinking About...

Time is flying by way too fast. My birthday is just around the corner, and I will be 22 years of age. Crazy isn't it? I'm being patient about the plans for my life falling into place, but it can be so frustrating some times. I want my job now, but I know it will take time. I'm glad God is keeping me through it all (without Him, I just wouldn't be) and showing me the way day in and day out. Each day is an opportunity, and I thank God for it. I have no reason to be down and out. I must continue to be hopeful, joyful, and optimistic.

I need to work on being more focused and assertive in what I desire to do. A few things...
*Studying for the GRE is a must. I need to stop putting off studying and just knock out practice tests daily and be ready to take the exam in September to get an amazing score and enter a MPH in Maternal and Child Health.
*Learning and understanding the human body through chemistry, biology, physics, and organic chemistry is a must in order for me to be absolutely prepared for medical school and the MCAT. I need to take more of an initiative in reviewing material daily.

Summer is almost over, oh no, the last things to get on my to do list:
*Scrapbook....definitely haven't gotten to that yet
*Getting back into the habit of practicing the piano daily...at least 30 minutes
*More pilates
*Finishing my summer reading list
-If I don't get it done, I still have the rest of the year to do it. Hehe.

Another thing, boys, boys, please grow up. Thanks. I would really appreciate some maturity on your part.

One more thing, why have so many of my high school classmates gotten married/had kids/both?
I'm too young to be getting married or having kids. The earliest I can see myself getting married is around 25 and the latest 28. I have things to do, and marriage is not one of those options...getting that M.D. and M.P.H. and maybe PhD. are at the forefront. It's like my mama said, "you don't need to be married until you get your PhD," funny isn't it?

On some realness though, I need my education and career to be on track before I can make that transition. I don't mind being in a committed relationship with my VISA card on lock and key, but marriage will have to come four years into the relationship. Is that just me? I mean, we all have different standards, but as for me, I gotta get what's mine. Independent woman...meaning I should be able to buy my own house, car, clothes, etc. without the boo. I know relationships come with sacrifices, but my livelihood will not be on hold. And it's crazy, I pray for my future mate as a single lady b/c it's necessary...I pray for him to be seeking God's face and pursuing God's will for His life. Cute isn't it? Hehe.

I have kids alright, younger siblings and lots of baby cousins. They keep me lifted and pursuing my dreams. I don't need any precious ones right now.

No comments: